Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Chestnut Macarons

In an attempt to make mont blanc, I bought 4 cans of canned chestnut because they're on sales. Now, I have too much chestnut and I need to use them up. So, chestnut macarons sounds like a good idea since the chestnut cream I used for the mont blanc is not overly sweet.

Here's the recipe and I must say, I have learnt to improvise and create my own chestnut filling. Not bad for a first time. Hee....

For the macarons

I used the recipe in a previous post: red velvet macarons

For the chestnut fillings

250g of canned chestnut
40g of chestnut spread (jam)
38g of milk
38g of whipping cream

You can add more or less of the chestnut spread according to your liking. In place of chestnut spread, you also also use icing sugar.




I did not add any colouring and the shells browned quite a bit. It didn't taste too sweet and I think the sweetness from the shells is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment