Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lemon Surprise Almond Cookies

My new year resolution for my baking adventure is to reduce wastage as much as possible, so I'm going to use all the lemon curds I have made previously. I was browsing the net for some inspiration and found this interesting recipe on bbcgoodfood. The lemon curd will be a surprise in the seemingly regular cookie. I call it lemon surprise! :)


(Makes twenty 6.5 cm round cookies)

To make the cookies

300g plain flour
140g caster sugar
100g round almond
250g unsalted butter at room temperature
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
Zest of 1 lemon

To assemble

3 tbsp Lemon Curd
3 tbsp milk for sealing
3 tbsp flaked almonds


1. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees, fan. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.


2. Add the egg, zest, salt and vanilla extract and beat to combine.



3. Sift the flour and ground almond over the egg mixture and fold to combine.


4. Divide the dough into 2, shape into discs, wrap in cling wraps and fridge for about 30 minutes.


5. Roll the dough to about 0.2 cm in between 2 baking papers and cut into 6.5 cm rounds.


6. On 1 round, brush with milk, place a dollop of lemon curd in the middle, place another round over and seal the sides. Sprinkle with caster sugar and flaked almonds and bake in preheated oven of 170 degrees fan for about 20 minutes.


7. Leave to cool completely.


8. I forgot the sugar and almonds for 1 batch and decorated them with leftover chocolate ganache.


There! The final product!


I would put more lemon curd for the next batch. I still have quite a lot of lemon curd left, what do I bake next? Cupcakes with lemon center core, maybe? 





Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. (Matthew 22:37-38 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment