Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Special Tart

My Godma's birthday falls on a weekend, so that gives me enough time to bake something for her. I decided on an unconventional cake again, this time, a cherries and strawberries tart. Happy birthday, Godma, someone who introduces me to my greatest gift in life, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. She gave me my very first bible at a very young age and there's no turning back since.

(Makes 23 cm tart)



1 recipe Pate Sablee
1 recipe Pastry Cream
2 tbsp jam for glazing (I used quince jam)

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Roll the pate Sablee between 2 sheets of baking paper.


2. Line the tart case with the crust pastry and press the sides into the case with your fingers. 

3. Line the top with baking paper, weigh down the pastry with baking beans or rice or beans if you do not have baking beans. 

4. Bake for about 25 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, I remove the baking beans and brown the pastry. 


5. Once baked, leave to cool completely and fill with pastry cream. 


6. Decorate with fruits of your choice. I couldn't resist cherries which I pitted and strawberries. 

7. Heat the jam over low heat to melt it. Brush the fruits with melted jam.


Lovely lovely tart. I hope my Godma and Godpa love it! 


Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (Colossians 3:12-14 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment