Thursday, January 1, 2015

Lemon Curd Tarts

After all the festive feastings, I thought I'll just bake an unconventional birthday 'cake', a strawberries tart instead. I hope the girls like it. :) Unfortunately, I was rushing between meetings and completing the cake and the best I could was take the final product. I thought the strawberry lemon curd tart could do with a few more strawberries. A few days later, I did another tart, this time, leaving the lemon curd as the star of the dessert. I like how the sharpness of the lemon curd cut through the mildly sweet crust. I used the Pate Sablee recipe.




(Makes about 10 standard muffins)

1 recipe of Pate Sablee
1 recipe of Lemon Curd
100ml whipping cream
1 tbsp icing sugar

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees, fan mode. Roll the Pate Sablee into a round.
*(I rolled it in between 2 sheets of baking paper so that I don't have to wash the rolling pin and the table top. Yes, I'm lazy like that, hahaha.)*

2. Cut into rounds, I used 6.5cm cutter.


3. To make sure the tarts don't get stuck to the muffin tins, I lined the base of the tin with a strip of baking paper.


4. Ease the cut out dough into the muffin tins and weigh the dough down with baking beans. You can use any beans if you don't have the baking beans.


5. Bake in the preheated oven of 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely before assembling.


6. Pipe or spoon lemon curd into the tart cases.



7. Whip the cream and the icing sugar together till soft peak.

8. Pipe on top of the tarts to decorate.


9. Sprinkle lemon zest on top of the tarts to finish.



There.. Love these tarts and the simple decoration.

Happy 2015!!


but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment