Monday, January 19, 2015

Almond biscuits

Chants.. It's just work. It's just work. It's just work. I've always had a love hate relationship with my job and many times I just feel like throwing in the towel and call it quits, go do something less stressful and enjoy my weekends a bit more. I don't know why, somehow, I feel it's not time yet and God has plans for me, though I really don't know what tomorrow holds, I know He holds my future and He holds my hands.

And so, to destress, I bake! Chinese New Year is just round the corner, how does almond biscuits sound? 

(About 32 almond biscuits)


240g cake flour
100g ground almond
80g caster sugar
100g unsalted cold butter cubed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
Icing sugar for dusting 

1. Preheat the oven at 160 degrees and line baking trays with baking paper. 

2. Put flour, ground almond, sugar, salt and butter in a processor. 


3. Pulse for about 15 seconds till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.

4. Add the vanilla extract and bring the dough together by hand.

5. Squeeze the dough together to form 15g rounds. I used a weighing scale for consistency.


6. Use your palm to roll each round into shape.

7. Bake in preheated oven of 160 degrees for about 18 minutes. 

8. When baked and cooled,  dust icing sugar over and store in airtight container.


It's nice and buttery.


And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. (1 John 4:21 NIV)

(As much as I think it is really really difficult in a world like ours, I made a commitment that I will try very hard. God help me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment