Monday, September 12, 2016

Mooncakes 2016

So this year I started making mooncakes and the original plan was to make the traditional 5 nuts ones. Well, I did. Just. The last few bakes were distractions along the way when I was researching for an ideal recipe.

I made these cuties in June because I cannot resist cute things.


Then I bought some paste and discovered the sugar free white lotus paste is subtly sweet, wonderful for the not so sweet toothed and the older folks, so I made these. 


The final bakes were for the 5 nuts ones. I must say, they are quite difficult to make  because the filling doesn't bind easily and the resultant dough, filling round doesn't yield to the shape of the mould easily too.  A slight crack will result in a obvious one as I shape the rest of the mooncakes.

Here they are, last mooncake bakes 2016 and I finished almost all the nuts filings with the help of 2 friends! Yea!! 



The 5 nuts ones are not so sweet and packed with nutty goodness, suitable for the old folks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment