Thursday, September 8, 2016

Chocolate Drip Cake

This took me a long long time and honestly, I had to redo the drip about 4 times. The colour was really off, I bought 2 additional colours, teal and sky blue and still didn't get the baby blue I wanted. In a desperate attempt, I wanted to do candy melt, but that would mean going to the store a third time and the cake will turn out cloyingly sweet, so I threw out the idea, did a blue buttercream and made do with the slightly green chocolate drip. Well, at least the drip is glossy.

Was quite satisfied with the result, hope it's good enough for the photoshoot. 




Didn't put the stars because I didn't know if it'll look good for the photos, gave them together with the cake anyway and let the photographer decide. 

A note to self, I used the same sponge for the strawberry shortcake, a ratio of 1 part cream to 3 parts white chocolate for the chocolate drip and sky blue to achieve the colour. For the buttercream, ratio of butter to icing sugar is 1:2. For the toppers, fondant didn't work because they go soft in our humid weather, gum paste works much better, but try not to fridge them because they get slimy. If left with no choice, don't touch them after they are out of the fridge, they'll become shiny, but till dry out in time, albeit after a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment