Monday, May 4, 2015

Rose Pistachio Cranberries Biscuits

Labour Day bake shall be rose pistachio and cranberries biscuits. I saw a recipe which used real rose petals as one of the ingredients. Honestly, I find rose flavour a bit intimidating because if not done properly, the taste will be overpowering and taste 'cosmetic'. However, I think real rose petals may be nice because I love the subtle fragrance from the Rose tea I have sometimes. 

And so I set out to hunt for dried rose petals and they are so difficult to get! After much research, I managed to hunt down dried rose petals, but at an exhorbitant price of about $13 for less than a cup! I guess I'll have to look harder because I really do not want to sacrifice the taste for cheaper way of just adding rose extract. 

The subtle rose fragrance is really faint, I think I'll soak them for a shorter time, but first, I'll find more affordable ones first. Love the pistachio and cranberries in every bite though and the luxurious presence of the rose petals enhance it all, no matter how faint the fragrance is hahahhaha. 






Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. (Proverbs 29:25 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment