Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Iced Gems

Fascinated by these pretty gems, I bought all the necessary ingredients and waited in anticipation for a window where I have a bit of free time to bake these cuties. 

It's so simple to bake and I remember these pretty gems I used to eat as a child, biting off the sugar top and throwing the biscuit base back. So gross, I know, but I was little then. 

So here I am, an adult now, but trying to reminisce the good old times where simple cookies like these can make my day. They still do, of course, but it takes a lot more to make my day. 





The biscuit base is not the traditional and a lot more fragrant because it is more of a short bread kind. It's a nice variation and I will be baking for my nieces and nephews soon! Stay tuned! 


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment