Friday, May 8, 2015

Feeling reflective

Sometimes, I want to rant and today, I wanted to talk about toxic people and how we should avoid them. You know, the kind that bring out the worst in you? The kind that you scoff at and don't want to be associated with? Yes, we all know this kind of people.

However, before I do that, I reflected and realised I may well be toxic too, so before I judge, let my heart be checked and let Holy Spirit's soft prompting work such that my heart be softened and I be teachable that before I condemn anyone that I look within myself. Many times, we are too quick to see others' fault, but fail to realise that we too reflect the same flaw we scorn upon. 

Father, let me learn to love my neighbors as myself, the same message that is repeated to me time and again, that I realise the stir in my heart every time I harbour resent towards anyone, that peace be restored again. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment