Sunday, March 29, 2015

Goodbye, Our Nation's Father

It had been a sombre week, throngs flocked to the parliament to pay their tributes to our founding father, however, many, like myself couldn't make it there. Paid my last respect to him at tanjong pagar cc instead and the atmosphere there are just as touching. Many brought their children and many were old and frail. 

Today, as we sent our founding father off for the last time, heaven poured down rain as well, as if crying for the great man who is no more. 

Standing in the rain and looking around as we waited for him to pass by, I felt small, among the many people who were also waiting in anticipation. As he passed us by, screams of Lee Kuan Yew! Lee Kuan Yew! Rang in the air. It happened so fast, I couldn't be in time to finish the little prayer for him. 

The eulogy by his son, PM Lee, touched me to tears. He was so brave, he made his fathe proud. The man who just lost his father had to give the eulogy on behalf of the nation. He was so close to tears several times, but regained composure in a matter of seconds. I'm so awed by his courage and self control.

Mr Lee Kuan Yew, thank you! For all you have done! I pray that your soul rest in peace with Mrs Lee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment