Monday, March 23, 2015

A Tribute to Our Founding Father

I'm no good with airing my emotions over social media and since this space is still quite unknown, I thought I'll pen my thoughts here.

I pray for the great leader who gave us our lives we are living today, that in his heart, he knows and believes God, that for all the work he has done for us, his soul is saved and resting in peace.

Though I have only seen him once, at Sungei Buloh by chance, he feels so strangely familiar. He was already white haired and frail looking at that time, but was still mobile and looked like he was going to take an evening walk in the nature landscape, one of the many green elements he envisioned the garden city of Singapore to be. I will always remember him in that picture with that mixed feelings of awe, respect and curiosity, like a little fan girl. I should have bravely gone over to shake his hands or take a selfie, but I was too chicken to do anything. I wished I had. 

When coverage of his death was announced all over the media, my heart grieved for the man who gave his life to give us the life we are leading now. Of course, his love may not be unconditional , but we all cannot deny this life he has given to make singapore a thriving city. 

I am thankful and grateful to this man who is selfless in giving his all to build this nation. Like what my husband said, in his time, with qualifications like his, he could have made lots of money doing something else, but he chose politics because he wanted to give all a fair life and not be subjected to what he went through overseas earlier in his life where there was discrimination. 

Thank you Mr Lee, our founding father, a selfless man, an inspiring individual and a great leader. 



"For everything there is an appointed time, and an appropriate time for every activity on earth:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot what was planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance" 

- Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment