Monday, August 8, 2016

August bakes

Right, I've not been baking a lot, I need inspiration! I bought and made quite a bit of ingredients and to help me remember to use them, I shall pen down August bakes. Waste not the ingredients! 

Red beans- puddings or potong?

Chocolate coated coffee beans- I don't know why I bought them for, what do I do with them??? Decoration on desserts? Gotta use them fast, a lot! 

Chestnut purée and spread- Because they were on sales when I made Mont Blanc, so I bought like 3 cans of purée and to encourage myself to use them, I bought a can of spread. What was I thinking ?😓

Mooncakes ingredients- I bought them in July with the grand plan to try 5 nuts mooncakes, then I got distracted and did piggies, then I bought another 2 pastes on top of the 5 nuts.😭 why.....

Durian pulp- you know Phoon huat has 15% storewide and I saw 猫山王 pure pulp and the rest is history. 😪 

So the good thing is, I have all the the ingredients I need to make a lot of things! The challenge now is to stop buying and start baking! 

And so, August bakes...
1. Durian puffs
2. Mini piggies mooncakes
3. 5 nuts mooncakes
4. Red bean potong 
5. Chestnut cream cake maybe 

Note to self- Stop the retail therapy! Start the baking therapy! 

2 comments: