Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Puff Pastry

They're so tough! Not as delicate as macarons, well at least I know whether it's a yea or a nay before I put them into the oven, but definitely a challenge in a hot country like Singapore.

I tried Anna Olson's french way, but before I could successfully roll out the butter, they became a mess of slime on the surface. So I had to wrap the butter in the dough, still very difficult to roll, ripped the dough on a few occasions and the butter oozed out. The dough's resting in the fridge now, we'll see if I can successfully roll them out later. Laborious.

I managed to salvage the dough. though the folds were not really neat, the palmiers that I tried baking turned out really crisp and yummy. Eat in moderation though, the butter content is really high.






No comments:

Post a Comment