Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rose Pineapple tarts

I've been deliberating over baking pineapple tarts. One part of me thinks that I might as well just buy, but the baker in me desires to bake them myself, so I gave in to the baker and decided to bake! Yes! Rose ones too! I hope I succeed. Recipe taken from thebakingbiatch.com.



(Makes 67 ten grams rounds) 

550g pineapple paste
360g all purpose flour
250g unsalted butter at room temperature 
50g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp corn flour
A pinch of salt

For egg wash

1 egg yolk
1tbsp milk

1. Preheat the oven at 160 degrees. Sift the all purpose flour and corn flour together and set aside.

2. Beat the butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy. 


3. Add the yolks one at a time, beating to combine after each add. Add the salt and beat to combine.


4. Add the sifted flour in 3 additions, folding to combine in between each add. 


5. Roll the dough into a disc and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the dough is easier to handle. 


6. Divide the chilled dough into 10g each.


7. Divide the pineapple paste into 9g each.


8. Flatten the dough with your hands and wrap the pineapple paste in between to get a round ball.


9. Crimp the tart into a rose or bake it plain round as it is. 



10. Egg wash the tarts by brushing the top.

11. Bake the tarts in a preheated oven of 160 degrees for 15 minutes and then increase the heat to 180 degrees and bake for another 2-3 minutes. 





I had difficulties getting the tarts properly crimped at first and they didn't look like roses, however, by the second tray, I was bolder and they looked more like roses. Verdict? Now I know why pineapple tarts are so expensive! They are so tedious to make! It was fun making them, but to make them in bulk, I don't think I have the patience. It was fun nonetheless and I might just make them again next week because I need to use up the rest of the pineapple paste. 


For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment