Monday, February 23, 2015

Blueberry Maple Overnight Oatmeal

I don't know about you, but I find dealing with humans so tiring and complicated. The irony is, we probably need to deal at least one or two daily, and for me, I deal with at least 80 a day, some very boisterous ones as well. You probably can guess my job by now. That explains why I'm so exhausted everyday and by the end of the day, I need to retreat to my refuge and recharge. That probably explains why I love baking that much. It is my private time, private space, which is not so private when I share them here. Sign, life is a huge mess of contradictions, isn't it?

Oh well, the above has absolutely nothing to do with overnight oatmeal, but I decided to make easy peasy overnight oatmeal to combat our very complicated life. Ah... The comfort of oatmeal, so satisfying, so easy to make. 



To soak overnight

Half a cup rolled oats
A cup of non sweetened soya milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
Half a cup blueberries

To top in the morning

2 tbsp Toasted almond slices 
2 tbsp blueberries


1. Fill the rolled oats in the selected jar.

2. Top with blueberries.


3. Pour the soya milk over, covering the rolled oats.


4. Add the maple syrup, shake, cover and leave overnight in fridge.


5. In the morning, top with more blueberries and toasted almond slices.



Healthy and yummy and the variations are endless!

Verdict? I really like it, wholesome and delicious.


There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community. (Proverbs 6:16-19 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment