Sunday, March 5, 2017

Marshmallow Chocolate Brownies

Was asked to bake for a family gathering and I only had time to bake simple stuff. Decided on a fast Butter Cake, which was tested earlier on. I wanted something for the youths too, so I thought chocolate brownies would be well received. I had some marshmallows left, so I added some and I thought the amount of sugar stated in the recipe was too much, so I boldly halved the amount. With Christmas and the new year just over, the chocolates I received came in handy and using them in the brownies meant no wastage later on because we hardly eat chocolate. Genius! Here's the recipe.








(Makes a standard tray) 
Ingredients
300g all purpose flour
300g caster sugar
260g brown sugar
250g chocolate (I used good quality dark chocolate, chopped)
150g cocoa powder
350g unsalted butter (melted)
6 eggs
About 10 big marshmallows
2 tsp vanilla extract

Method

1. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 160 degree celcius.

2. Melt the butter and leave to cool.

3 Sift the flour and cocoa powder together.

4. Mix the sugar, flour cocoa powder mix, vanilla extract and melted butter together till combined.

5. Add the chopped chocolate and Marshmallows and fold into the mixture till combined.

6. Bake in preheated oven of 160 degrees for about 45 minutes and leave to cool before slicing and eaten warm or cool completely to be stored in airtight container.

I quite like the contrasting textures of the soft marshmallows to that of the crispy exterior and gooey chocolate center. I'll torch the marshmallows the next time. Think it'll be called s'mores brownies.



Till next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment