Wednesday, July 20, 2016

In case

Those who are close to me know that I can be quite a gym rat and Cali has been a huge part of my life. Over the years, as I learnt to manage my time and 'obsession' better, Cali faded a bit into the background, though not much. 

So. They're closed. All 4 clubs. Officially. 

I felt sad because I started with them over ten years ago and it's where I built part of positive self image, fostered a few friendships and literally punched the stress out. 

When raffles club closed abruptly, we knew the other two will suffer the same fate quite soon. So, everyday was like the last class for the instructors and the members. Then, I caught a glimpse of the meaning of living every day like the last day.

It was because we knew the other clubs were closing soon that the instructors gave their best, in case that was the last class. The members did their best too, in case that was the last class. People huddled to take photograph together, in case that was the last class. We smiled  a lot more to familiar faces even though we never got the chance to know each other on a personal basis, in case that was the last class. We were a lot more tolerant of invaded space, in case that was the last class. We said our goodbyes with such unwillingness, in case that was the last class. 

What if we knew we only had a few days left? 

We would be be a lot more patient, kinder, less envious, less boastful, less easily angered, more forgiving, more truthful. We would protect, trust, hope and persevere. 

But, we wouldn't know when we'll die, would we? 

Still, live as if everyday is the last day. Just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment