Saturday, June 18, 2016

Horlicks Chiffon Cake

Flavour of the week is Horlicks, so it's Horlicks pudding, Horlicks 小馒头 and now, Horlicks chiffon.

Wanted to bake a birthday cake for a friend and decided to go with flavour of the week, Horlicks.

Then I thought honeycomb may go with the cake and made some, easy to make, but I suspect the high humidity here cause the honeycomb to absorb moisture really quickly.

Honeycomb 

They got sticky really fast and nearly ruined the cake. It turned a rusty brown.:(


In an attempt to salvage the cake, I covered with strawberries! Worked ;)


All of my friends could not guess it's Horlicks. I guess the mild malty taste of Horlicks blends with cake so well that it disappears in cream too. Nonetheless, the texture was soft and fluffy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment