Sunday, March 27, 2016

Wind Torte Easter Spin

Inspired by an episode on The Great British Bakeoff, I wanted to try the wind torte which is made from meringues, French and Swiss meringues. It's so pretty with the fondant violets. Waited a week before I had time to try. I did a Easter spin to the Spanish cake and I must say it's a really unique cake. The cake structure is solely meringues and the filling cream and strawberries. To add a Easter spin, I added Easter eggs. There's also a lid to cover the filling. The violets stand out from the white meringues and it looks really delicate and pretty. It's pretty hard work though, took me 4 hours. Here's the final product.





I'll probably bake this again many months from now . With less sugar, it's way too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment