Thursday, December 10, 2015

Tis the Season to be Jolly...

Oh yes, it is Christmas again. It seems that it wasn't too long ago that I was soaking dried fruits to make the annual Christmas cake. This year, I was determined not to waste the dried fruits like last year and did my calculations properly before I purchase anything. It was great because everything bought is now soaking in the alcohol goodness in the fridge. I went overboard again though and the fruits soaking in the fridge measures a whooping 4.75 kg! I think there is enough to bake at least 5 cakes. I'll give them away because this is a season of giving!



Other than fruit cakes, I also made Pate Sablee in preparation of tarts that I may need to bake for Christmas because you never know when you will be needing to do those last minute bakes and a few more preparation can always come in handy.

Plus! I also prepared frozen cookie dough so that I can bake some quick treats in case I have some young friends coming around. There, I hope this is enough preparation.


So far, nothing above particularly excites me because I've done those before, so.... I've made cute macaron templates and am dying to try them soon. Soon.... maybe tomorrow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment